Friday, November 12, 2010

Why grow up..!!??

This is the question I am always haunted nowadays. Why did I grow up?? I keep asking this to myself, my mom, dad, God.. well everyone who were with me in my growing years.


1. Was I not happy with the mud puddles I used to play with? Why am I given complex codes to work on?


2. Was I not happy with 1st/2nd ranks in schools? Why was I subjected to such huge ranks in Entrance tests?


3. Was I not happy with my so-called flowering plants and my little garden? Why am I a reason for global warming now with constantly working on computers in Air conditioned offices?
 
4. Was I not happy with my Comic books and novels? Why did I have to study 1000 page books for my engineering degrees?

5. Was I not happy eating Golguppas and  Bhuttas on the road? Who made me forget those days and eat in Coffee days, McDs and Pizza parlours?

6. Was I not happy with standing in my Dad's shoes and carrying his Laptop and pleading him to bunk Office for a day? Why am I working for 9 hours everyday?

7. Was I not happy with the people I used to chat and have fun? Why did you give me people who want me sit and do their work?

8. Was I not happy being my teacher's pet during school  and college days? Why did you give me Supervisors and Managers?


9. Was I not happy with playing with the kitchen set I got as a gift from my Granny? Why am I made to learn cooking at home with such big and boring utensils?

10. Was I not happy with my scooty rides to college? Why am I traveling 4-5 hrs per day in bus?

I was going on with the list.. My mom got bugged with these questions. She  thought she will answer these fair and square

1. No wonder your clothes are cleaner nowadays.. !

2. You were happy with your ranks in school, but I wanted you to know there are millions of 1st rankers.

3. You were happy with your flowering gardens, I wanted you to plant trees.

4. You were happy with your comic books, I wanted you to now gaining more knowledge is heavy.

5. Are you eating a lot of Junk food? Please stop that...!!!

6. Why do you still do that? When you know it is difficult to bunk, please allow him to go to work atleast now.


7. It  is because in colleges you would pay, but in offices, they pay you. They expect something from you.

8. Just for you to know that, buttering a few people for marks would help only in schools and colleges, not in real life :-)

9. Please.. Don't tell me you are cooking.. Are you serious???

10. I felt bad for the scooty.. Thought buses are better since you don't know how to drive them.

Me: Ok. That's enough. !!

No comments: